Sunday, January 28, 2007

Holy cow.

Ten days have passed since my last post – they’ve flown by in a whirlwind of new information and general craziness. As predicted, this semester is keeping me very, very occupied. The bright side is that I'm learning stuff I really want to know, so that makes the thousands of pages of assigned weekly reading much more bearable.

Today was a tough day at the office. It takes a lot of work to work with people who have fundamentally different views from your own. I’m still working on it. Sometimes you just have to mentally agree to disagree...

Last night was our winter office party… it was fun, and for the first time in four years we won one of the door prizes! Well, by ‘we’ I mean Luis – he won a silver 4GB second generation ipod Nano. I’m pretty jealous. He’d been talking about upgrading to one of the newer ones, and now he has one.

Our pharmacotheraputics lab on Friday was spent practicing different routes of dispensing medications – the most interesting of which were the types of injections. I got to give a subcutaneous and an intramuscular injection. We used normal saline solution, and we practiced on each other. I was a little apprehensive the night before class, but I didn’t have any problems poking Jessica (a very nice girl in my class). Turns out that it doesn’t hurt at all to give an injection… Ha, little joke there. I don’t like the idea of causing anyone pain, but I know that it’s a moment of discomfort in order to preserve their health, or to alleviate their pain, or to help them get well. The benefit certainly outweighs the small amount of hurt.

Ugh. I suppose I should get to studying. 6:30 comes pretty early...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mandi,

Its quite funny situation that how I found your blog and writing this Comentary,
I was looking for the English Translation for the word of "Mandi" . The Word "Mandi" is my language "Urdu" from Pakistan is used for the place where any thing is being trade, and I was looking what it could be the English Translation for this word, so I simply put the Word Mandi in google search enging..and there besides many other websites , I found a intresting linke saying "HI, my name is Mandi..".

At first I laughed but then clicked on the link and reached to your blog page...and then decided to share my this expereince to you as well..!
wish you a nice time...
cheers
bye