Sunday, June 10, 2007

Home, sweet home.

I arrived back in Missoula on Thursday. I love vacations, but it sure feels nice to sleep in my own bed again...

My blog left off several weeks ago, the day I was boarding a plane to Spain. We arrived in Madrid early on May 20th, and during our two weeks in Spain we spent time in Madrid and Cordoba, and we took day trips to Toledo and Castro del Rio. We stayed with Luis's family, who welcomed us into their homes with a genuine hospitality I have come to associate with Spanish culture. We ate tapas often, and drank beer in the middle of the afternoon. We wandered the crowded streets of Madrid and the narrow, winding streets in Cordoba and Toledo. Luis gave a two guitar performances, playing a scheduled concert at University of Carlos III in Madrid, and an impromptu recital in Cordoba for a gathering of friends and acquaintances. We hit the bars with Jonathan, and enjoyed some of Madrid's energetic night life. We visited breathtaking cathedrals and mosques, and several sites of Roman ruins. We marveled at the history preserved in the buildings and the cities. We had a wonderful time, and I hope to return someday.
I have slowly begun uploading trip photos to Flickr, so feel free to hop on over and have a look. I took a zillion, so it's taking a while to wade back through them all.

No comments: