Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ah, Kansas...

This morning I woke to high humidity and temperatures in the upper 50's. By midday it was 65, with roughly the same level of humidity as the bottom of a swimming pool. Tonight, I retired to my room late after an evening chat with my sister, and I flipped on the weather channel as I got ready for bed. I noticed a severe weather alert - turns out we're under a tornado watch until 5:00 in the morning! Severe thunderstorms with heavy lightning and hail are almost upon us - a quick step out onto the porch revealed bright white lightning to the northwest, illuminating the low hanging clouds barreling across the sky. Winds are suddenly rattling the windows on the house, and the distant rumble of thunder promises that we'll see some weather soon.

I shall now return to my attic bedroom and try to sleep...

No comments: