I logged into Blogger for what appears to have been the first time in about 16 months. This is the last post I'd written, back in January of 2019. Thought I'd click publish just for grins.
_________________________________________________________________________
Apparently I’ve always presented a fairly polished exterior, even before the world of social media. It’s only recently I learned how much people assumed that I have my shit together. I don’t. I’m a hot mess as much as anyone, maybe more.
I look back at my Facebook and Instagram from the past couple of months since my separation, and it sure does sound like everything is ducky. I am sure and peaceful in my decision, and I know in the long run I will be happier, more peaceful, hopefully more mindful and more kind. But it is a journey, and I have largely shared the ups but seldom the downs.
So, on that note, here is a list of divorce social media "status updates" that have come across my mind in the past months:
I can do anything alone. Except put the leaf in my dining room table.
They say that motherhood is like having your heart live outside of your chest. Divorced motherhood is that, except that you only get to be with it half of the time.
It’s disorienting, not having anyone to check in with.
Spending more time than nurses usually do, crying in the bathroom at work. Mostly triggered by little old couples who grew old together and take such tender care of one another.
No comments:
Post a Comment