Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Dem dry bones...

Why are there so flippin' many bones in my head? Twenty-two, each with it's own perfectly forgettable name, all of which I must know within a week. Oh, but I wish that were all. No, no... each bone has it's own little map of fossa, foramen, crests, and processes to be memorized along with them. This week we're learning all of the histology of osseous (bone) tissue, the vertebral column, and the bony thorax. Oh, and the facial/cranial bones. I miss the days where the "back bone connected to the neck bone, the neck bone connected to the head bone..."

My time spent in anatomy is divided between furiously scribbling notes and fighting back the urge to cry.

On to stuff that doesn't make me want to hurl myself in front of traffic...


The teller at my bank today told me I looked really good in green. That was really nice of her to say, and I suppose it's a good thing, considering like, 35% of my tops are green. I've got a lot of orange too, but I don't know what that's all about. The orange wasn't intentional. I've been earnestly desiring a worn, faded navy blue top, but I haven't found one I like anywhere. Abercrombie is probably the place to go.

I have to go read more history. It's interesting stuff - turns out the classical Greeks were pretty naughty...

No comments: