I have officially entered my "late twenties".
As a sign of rebellion I wore my Gryffindor t-shirt today. I don't have any choice about getting older, but I sure have a say about growing up. There will be no stodginess from me.
Actually, as much as I joke about it, I'm not fussed about growing older. I definitely feel as though I've improved with age. I like who I am and where I'm headed, and I'm excited to see what the future will bring. The days and years march on whether you want them to or not, so it seems like the best way to go is to embrace the changes and love life.
If you're at all inclined to give me a gift, here's what I want:
some blog love.
If you ever pop in to read my blog, I'd love to know! Leave a little comment for me so I can see who you are.
Thanks.
♥
6 comments:
Since I've now hit my 30s I scoff at the connection between "late twenties" and age. I don't know, youngsters these days...
Many happy returns of the day!
The Countdown to 40 has begun for me. I am 39 1/4...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND TONS OF HUGS FROM ME!!!!! I just found the rest of your birthday present last night, so I can get it boxed up and in the mail tomorrow or Saturday. Seven and Twenty is a good age. Enjoy all of it.
You are the Best daughter anyone could ever hope for. I'm so happy that you love your life!! Congratulations on being TV-7!!! Love you Mom
Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day.
I didn't realize your's was so close to Cristie's. Sorry we missed the right day but near everything is in boxes around here and Cristie is on the road.
A week late, but nevertheless: Happy Belated Birthday! Your unfazed attitude towards getting older is a timely reminder to me (soon to be 32) about getting perspective. ;) May you continue to enjoy such good sense (and express it here in the assured way you do)!
Post a Comment