Friday, July 07, 2006

One hundred.

This is my one-hundredth post. I wanted it to be special, but I got nothin'. Sorry...


On to other random bits of news:
  • Summer school is officially over! This last week has been a whirlwind of finals and last-minute papers. (Thus explaineth the lack of posting...eth. Or something.)
  • We floated the Blackfoot on Wednesday, and after about twenty minutes of delicious sunshine it clouded over and sprinkled on us. Brrr. Still, time on the river is time on the river. And I didn't get chucked out of my tube on the rapids this time, so that's a plus.
  • Luis is home! Hooray!
  • Fourth of July was nice. Luis and I went for a run (I did five miles, but he kept on for a total of nine. He's nuts.), then we went down to the pool to cool off. We cooked burgers out on our little grill for dinner, and went up to the elementary school in the south hills to watch the city fireworks display. It was a lovely day.
  • I've been filling in on the internal medicine floor of the clinic the past couple of weeks. I'd never worked there before, but I really like it. Most clients in internal medicine are older, and they're fun to work with. I really love the sassy old ladies - the ones who didn't get the memo that eighty-year-olds don't usually cuss like bikers or wear baseball caps. I hope I have that much spunk left in me in another half a century...
  • I got a green plaid strapless sundress. It's cute. (My friend Michelle from Kansas has the same dress - we have several identical pieces in our wardrobes, actually. Great minds, I guess...) Anyhow, I accidentally won it on ebay - no, don't look at me like that, I know I'm not the only person who's done it! I got carried away while bidding, because every time I entered an amount I immediately got outbid. I only spent .50 more than my original cutoff, though, so it's okay.
  • Why is there no key for the ¢ on the keyboard? Hm.
  • Luis is working on some new music for his fall recital. It's going to be amazing - he's picked some really great pieces. I gotta say that there are worse things in the world than living with a classical guitarist. :)
  • My little brother Ricky just turned fourteen. He looks like a teenager, too. It's wild.
  • Tomorrow we're seeing Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, and on Sunday we're planning a float trip with some friends. A good weekend. And no homework!

Life is wonderful.

2 comments:

Mr Atrocity said...

100 not out! That's great.

Neena said...

Your 100th is wonderful! This is just the most fun blog ever.