Thursday, June 29, 2006

Anticipation.

In five weeks my family will be out to visit Montana. My mom drove out here with us to help with the move, but this will be the first visit for my dad and brother. I look forward to spending time with them. My family rocks. It's also nice after people have been out here, because it somehow makes the 1400 miles between us not seem so far.

In fourteen days my best friend will be visiting Missoula! We've been friends since we were fourteen years old, so as of next year we'll have known one another for half our lives. Our friendship is really special to me. I like to imagine us one day as little old gray haired ladies, teetering around the shopping mall together in our grandma shoes and laughing about the pranks we pulled as kids. (She probably doesn't like to imagine that, because she's feverishly avoiding the whole aging thing. She says she has no intention of "growing old gracefully", that she'll go kicking and screaming the whole way...)

In seven days my summer classes will be over. Huzzah! I haven't been a very good student this session, although I still feel like I learned a lot. My ethics class was amazing - I've never had a class that made me think as much as that one. But, I am really ready for a break so I can dive into my clinicals this fall refreshed and ready to stay on top of things.

In four days Luis will be home from Maine! I'm glad - I've really missed him. His mom goes around the sun.

In ten hours I have to be at work, so I should go finish the laundry and then drag my sorry butt to bed.

Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erica will have very cool old lady shoes and a groovy purse!!!