I've been in serious need of new running shoes for some time, and I finally got out to to The Runner's Edge yesterday to pick up a pair. The shoes I've been running in most recently were New Balance, but I really wanted to get back to Saucony. They make shoes that really fit my feet: narrower in the heel but wide in the toe box to accomadate a big, wide duck foot like mine. I warned the salesman that I had a wide forefoot, and as I jogged around the store in a pair of Brooks (nice, but not enough cushion for me), he was watching my feet curiously with his head cocked to one side. He said, "Wow, you do have wide feet."Yep.
So far these shoes seem great - we spent about five miles getting to know one another this morning, and I think it will be a long and happy union.
No comments:
Post a Comment