My car situation has always been the same: buy 'em cheap and old and drive them until they don't work anymore.
I've had a string of very used blue cars over the past eight years, and overall they've served me well. I have to admit that I longingly gaze at the VW dealer's lot when I drive by, picturing myself in a shiny new Passat, but I have to hold off a little longer. It's silly for me to take out a loan on a car when I've got two years of schooling left. I've promised myself that I can ditch the beat-up Corolla when I graduate, but right now it runs well and there's no payments. Plus, my taxes and tags are something like $45. That rocks. And my insurance is next to nothing. (Of course, I'm a female with a good driving record. That helps.)
Anyhow, I digress. My point is that I've had good luck with older cars, although with an older car comes some necessary repairs. I'm good with that. (In fact, my car has been making a funny noise for the past week or so, and I was planning on taking it to the shop next week.) But last night was a first for me: driving home from work, my MUFFLER FELL OFF.
Can't say as I've ever had a piece of the vehicle I'm driving fall off while in transit. Wasn't sure what to do from there, so I swung around in the lot, pulled up next to the offending muffler, and began to laugh. I hopped out and tossed it in my trunk, and drove (very audibly, I must add) home.
At least I figured out what the noise was.
1 comment:
Seesaw and I once lost both the muffler and tailpipe on our Subaru - on the exit ramp from the Wichita bypass! How embarrassing. There was too much traffic to retrieve it, so we slunk down low in the seat and drove on trying to look like nothing had happened. We laughed for miles.
Post a Comment