My family was in town last week. We went to Glacier National Park. Had Big Dipper ice cream. Saw bears. Hiked the M (or at least Luis and Ricky and I did). Slept in cabins. Went to Rockin' Rudy's. Had a great time.
Maybe it sounds silly, but having people out to visit helps to bridge the distance gap. After they've been a part of my world here, it feels like they're not so far away. It makes the 1400 miles seem insignificant.
It smells like autumn outside. The temperatures are back into the 80's and 90's again, but we had a bit of cooler weather a couple of weeks ago, and since then it feels different. Fall is on the way. I love autumn - new schoolbooks, crisp breezes, football games, sweaters and crunchy leaves.
Luis and I went to the Symphony in the Park concert on Sunday. (Another reason I love Missoula? Several thousand people showing up for a free classical concert in the park.) We stayed through the first half, chatted with some friends at intermission, then decided to head home. As we climbed the stairs on the Higgins street bridge, they began the Lord of the Rings symphonic suite, so we stopped to listen. It was one of those perfect moments - standing on the bridge as sunset bathed everything in a warm orange glow, a cool breeze dancing in my hair, with a heroic fanfare ringing from below. Perfect.
1 comment:
Hooray, you're back! I love reading about your life. Love you, too. Keep being you.
Auntie Neena
Post a Comment