It's been a very Montana weekend for me so far...
Luis and I are now the proud owners of a pair of 25° mummy sleeping bags and a three person tent. On Friday evening we stopped at a sporting goods store so Luis could pick up some ping-pong balls to use for fingernail repair. (Classical guitarists have to have longer nails on their right hand for picking individual strings, and when they break one a synthetic has to be used. Apparently a sliver of ping-pong ball works better than artificial fingernails...) Anyhow, we wandered around through the camping stuff and found some great deals on gear. I'll get the chance to break them in at the Dave Matthews concert in a couple of weeks!
On Saturday I met Layne for a morning hike at Kootenai creek. About half an hour in we started talking about floating, and on a whim we decided to turn back and head to the river instead. We gathered tubes and beer and our friend Misty, and had a ladies' float on the Blackfoot. After getting off the river we went back to Layne's for a little soak in her hot tub. A perfect ending to a lazy summer day.
1 comment:
I hope my weekends become more like yours when I grow up. :-)
Aunt Neena
Post a Comment