Every summer, after the Dave Matthews Band concert in Kansas City, I get a late night phone call from my friends back home. Erica calls me from the parking lot after the show, and after everyone shouts a chorus of "hello's" she passes the phone around and I get to talk to each of them.
It's the very essence of bittersweet for me. I miss those guys a lot, and I love that they still include me in this small way. It's with an achy happiness that I listen to their animated, slightly tipsy yarn of the evening's events.
I'm glad I'm here, but it's moments like these I wish I were there.
3 comments:
Meeeuuuuw!!! I know I'm not a Kansas friend but I misssss youuuuuu :(
You don't miss it. You're happy here, with us.
What's that, Andy? These are not the droids I'm looking for? :)
You're right - I am happy here. And honestly, I don't particularly miss Kansas. Just a few of its residents...
Post a Comment