Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Bedtime post.

Hi there. I tried to go to bed, but my mind wasn't quite ready for sleeping. Perhaps a little writing will do the trick.

We're in the middle of the third week of school. It's busy. I've had two weeks of inpatient pediatric clinicals, and they've gone well so far. Best thing about peds rotation = one day a week. Worst thing about peds rotation = twelve hour shifts. I'm seriously not a five AM kind of gal. I have a coffee pot, and on rare occasions I actually use it. Tuesday mornings at 5:00 are definitely some of those occasions.

Our first Montana Student Nurses' Association meeting was this week. We had pretty good turnout, and I think we'll have fun this year. I'm always impressed by my fellow students - our Community Health Director suggested some events and things we could do to volunteer our time, and sent around a sign up sheet for anyone interested. Everyone signed up. Nursing students are insanely busy, yet they all still want to volunteer their time and energy. Amazing people.

Luis's guitar recital is this Friday at the University of Montana. If you're interested in coming, contact me for additional information. It'll be good, you should go.

I'm off work this weekend, and I'm thrilled. It's been a busy couple of weeks, and I am ready for a break. I have a few homework assignments due Sunday, but other than that I'm planning to relax. I want to get to the Farmers' Market Saturday morning - there's only a few left for the year! I'm also running in the River City Roots Festival 4 mile run on Sunday. My friend Kate was looking for someone to run the race with her, and it sounded like fun. Hopefully I'll be able to check out some of the festival too.

I have an appointment at a bridal shop to try on wedding gowns later this week. Luis's brother Emilio found what he was sure would be the perfect dress, but I think I'm going to keep looking. :) I went dress shopping once this summer, and mostly I felt awkward being laced into twenty pounds of satin, beads and poof. (I also forgot to wear my engagement ring when I went to the boutique. That might have had something to do with it.) Anyhow, I think now that we've got a date and a location, dress hunting will be more fun.

Makes me wish my mom wasn't so far away.

Okay, I think I'm sufficiently tired now. G'night...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your run lady! My lady friend is considering visiting Missoula in the next year. How much longer are you around for?

Mandi said...

Hey, thanks!

We have no plans to leave Missoula, and I'm absolutely, positively here until at least December of 2008 - when I (finally) graduate from college. If you find yourselves in the area, we should definitely get together!