Thursday, December 13, 2007
Finals.
This semester is officially in the books. I got an A in nursing research, an A- in obstetrics/women's health nursing, and a B+ in pediatric nursing. Not too bad...
I gotta say, I hate the plus/minus system. Mostly I don't like it because it shows me for the slacker I am. I've always worked just hard enough to stay above the 90% mark, but with this system 90-93% is an A-. (The B+ rankles a bit too - I had an 89% in that class - just one measly percent away from an A!)
This time next year I'll be graduating. I'm glad to finally see a light at the end of the school tunnel, but I will miss being a student. For all my griping about papers and tests, I really do love learning. I picked a good career, because with as fast as new techniques and technologies become available in healthcare, it is a commitment to lifelong learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I never really liked the +/- system, either. But I agree, learning is fun!
Unless there are a lot of points packed into that 1%, or there is a significant and obvious gap between the people with A- and B+, then it's kind of a jackass move not to round people up. At least there is relief in sight.
-Matthew
Yeah, the professor in that class is a point nazi. She doesn't bend once she's assigned points. I think the actual number of points between B+ and A- in my case was probably in the neighborhood of 3-4. Maybe a test question and a half?
Ah, well. I'll get the same job either way. :)
Post a Comment