Sunday, December 16, 2007

A: Topeka

Q: What Kansas town has a name derived from a Native American language, and translates as a "good place to dig potatoes?"

Tomorrow I return to Topeka - not to dig potatoes, although I am returning to my midwestern roots. (har har. Sorry, I couldn't resist that one. Forgive me?)

__________________________________________

It will be great to see my family and old friends.

It will be a gauntlet for my liver to endure. I think I drink more alcohol in the brief period I'm back in Kansas than I do the entire rest of the year at home.

It will be warm enough to run outdoors!

I will finally meet several new additions to old friends' families - everyone is having babies lately!

I will snuggle with a giant black dog and a tiny fat chihuahua.

I will post photos and updates soon!

No comments: