(Author's note: snibble was my grandfather's word for a 'little bit', usually in reference to a snack or other food item. In his memory, I have decided to call short, single story posts "snibbles." Love you, gramps...)
____________________________________________________
Last night before bed Luis was reading his Runner's World magazine, giving me some tidbits from the Human Race section. He told me about an ultra marathoner (someone other than Dean Karnazes) who runs crazy distances - and fast. This guy ran a 100k race (62 miles), and then the following week he ran the Boston marathon in two and a half hours. (I should add that this is only slightly longer than it takes me to run half that distance. Holy crap.) Then he read to me about a blind guy who ran seven marathons in seven days, each on a different continent. The blind guy's slowest marathon time was about five and a half hours - still a little faster than my anticipated marathon finish.
The crux of this story? I run slower than a blind guy with jet lag.
2 comments:
It's cool Panda, I can only run the length of a snibble.
Yeah baby, but the point is that you DO IT!! You rule!
Post a Comment