A couple of weeks ago I met my friend Andy for dinner. Andy is a preschool teacher - a rare twenty-something male who is passionate about education, human development, and kids in general. He has great stories about the random things little kids say - he made the mistake of telling me that one of the kids in his class can't pronounce either "teacher" or "Andy," and so she calls him "tee-shirt Annie." He just went and earned himself a brand new nickname with that little disclosure...
After dinner, as we were standing downtown chatting, I did a little shuffle from one foot to the other - I'd come straight from work, still wearing four inch pumps, and my feet were starting to ache. Andy, however, interpreted my little dance in true preschool-teacher form and asked, "Do you have to go to the bathroom?" I nearly died from laughter.
2 comments:
That is so cute!
You can take the man out of preschool education but you can't take the preschool teacher out of him clearly.
Post a Comment