Once or twice a year we throw a tapas party. Luis and I both enjoy Spanish cuisine, and there isn't any place in Missoula to get it. Every time we prepare tapas we try new dishes, along with traditional tapas menu items. This year we made more dishes than we ever have, and everything came out great. Here's what we served:
paella with chicken and chorizo
tuna tartlets (phyllo dough tart cups filled with a tomato slice, tuna, and topped with a dressing of white wine vinegar, olive oil and minced shallots)
chorizo in red wine
tortilla (Spanish tortilla is actually like an omelet - it's egg, potato and onion cooked into a huge slab, then sliced and served at room temperature. It's delicious!)
garbanzo beans with spinach (cooked with cumin, paprika, olive oil and white wine vinegar)
moorish skewers (though ironically, the recipe had us use pork...)
chicken and mushroom skewers (marinated in lemon juice, garlic and olive oil)
roasted almonds
olives
manchego, plus a new find - a delicious creamy sheep's cheese (can't remember the name)
patatas bravas (roasted potato wedges in a fiery red sauce)
chocolate covered almonds (Luis roasts all the almonds himself, then he dips some in semisweet chocolate and sprinkles them with coarse sea salt OMG good)
And of course, LOTS of sangria. I think we went through about 12 bottles of red wine? Mmmm...
It was a great evening. Once again, I forgot to take any photos.
(I was looking for online photos of some of the dishes we prepared, and this website has several of the items we made. Not the exact recipes we used, but they are quite similar.)
1 comment:
I love it! I go to Lola's here which is the only place I have found that serves tapas. They have a great house sangria as well. I mostly confuse people when I take them there because they expect dinner and that is not exactly what it is. :) You house sounds MUCH better though!
Post a Comment