Luis visited the mall tonight to get his watch battery replaced. He went to several jewelers, trying to find someone able to get the back off of his watch, but to no avail. Afterward he popped by my work to bring me dinner, and to let me know in advance that he’d likely been spotted in several different jewelry stores – Missoula is a small town. The advance notice is, of course, so I don’t get my hopes up when whispered words reach my ears about Luis standing near the sparkling display of engagement rings at Zales.
“But I did read about diamonds while I was there,” he says in his own defense, as I affectionately rib him yet again about the C-word. “I learned about color and stuff.”
“I’ve told you about that stuff,” I reply. “About color and clarity and cut - don’t you remember?”
“Yeah, but when it comes out of your mouth it sounds like 'wa-waaa-waaa-wwa-wwaa' -- like Charlie Brown’s teacher,” he says to me.
I laughed and told him he was mean, but really - that's funny. I know as a girl I should probably be offended or something, but that was comedy gold.
I went back to the nurses’ station later to relay the story, and my friend Tiffany said, “You know, it’s funny that you say that…”
“…I was just thinking the other day that Luis really ought to put something shiny on you, something worth some serious money, before you get away. You’re pretty, and young, and smart, and you’re gonna be a nurse. You’re a catch.”
See? I’m a catch. pssst...someone tell my boyfriend.
No comments:
Post a Comment