Every launderable garment in my apartment is clean. All of the dishes have been washed and put away. The trash - taken out. Mail - sorted. I cleaned out the fridge. Dusted the living room shelves. Swept the bathroom.
This can really only mean one thing: I must have a paper due.
And I do. Two, in fact. One tomorrow, another Friday. It is now 5:30 pm and I have a large amount of work ahead of me tonight. But at least - at LEAST, this time I'm not STARTING the paper at 5:30 the night before it's due. I have nearly half of it done. Perhaps I'm making a little headway in the battle against my procrastination demon. (Of course, I'll know I've made some serious strides in time management when I wait until AFTER I've done my homework to blog...)
I just ate the biggest Fuji apple I'd ever seen - seriously, I'm talking the size of a softball. Enormous. And yummy.
Last night ended up being brother night. My nineteen-year-old brother Tony called me for financial aid and scholarship application help, because he's starting college in the spring. Then, not twenty minutes after we got off the phone, my younger brother Ricky called, needing help with his math homework . It's not easy to teach someone how to do linear equations and graphing without being able to see his work or write out examples! Poor guy - we were on the phone for about an hour and a half. I think his brain short-circuited by the end, but at least he got his homework done. I'm glad I'm still useful to them, even being so far away...
And speaking of family and far away, I've got a plane ticket to Kansas! I was only in town this summer for a couple of days, so I decided this winter I'd stay for a while - I'll be mooching off my parents for three whole weeks! I look forward being with my family, and catching up with old friends, and shopping with Erica, and eating Chipotle, and playing with Bart and Peanut, and untying the shoelaces of all my pregnant friends so I can laugh at them trying to reach their toes...
Okay, time to get to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment