Last week in class I noticed a crowd of girls gathered around Melissa, one of our classmates. When I saw the glimmer of something shiny on her left hand, and I made a beeline to join the crowd and hear the news. "Me too!" she giggled as I gave her a giant hug... She and her fiance are avid outdoorsfolk, and he proposed to her on a camping trip in the mountains. Her ring is a beautiful sapphire, and her fiance got it from a company called greenKarat. They're a very green, organic couple, and I love that he found a jeweler to match their values.
Today in class we found out that Dan and his wife are expecting their first baby. The news earned a loud round of whistles and applause from the room. Following that good news with more good news, Adam mentioned that he and his wife are expecting kiddo number three around the same time. These kids will have a lot of surrogate aunts and uncles. :)
I'm in love with my classmates - all of them. They are twenty-three of the kindest and most amazing people I've ever met. We spend so much time together that it really feels like an extension of family, and during stressful times in school we have a built-in support group. They make school fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment