Sunday, January 25, 2009

Moving fun!

A week ago today an army of friends showed up at our apartment and proceeded to swiftly and artfully load our U-Haul, plus Creighton's pickup truck and Steve's flatbead trailer. Two hours later we were sitting amongst a sea of boxes in our new house, eating Pringles and gabbing. It was, without a doubt, the fastest move I've ever made. Thanks so much to Ashlee, Kate, another Kate, Steve, Creighton, James, and Tommy for the fantastic help!


This past week has been war - me against the boxes. I don't like living out of boxes, and I pride myself on being quick to settle in to new places. And since I am currently without gainful employment, I have dedicated myself full time to the task of organizing our life. I've done fairly well so far - living room and kitchen are done, and our bedroom, both bathrooms, computer room, and the family room are in various states of unpacking.


(Living room, box free!)


I took a day to do some major drywall patching and then paint in the laundry room. I love being able to put color on my walls!

(I've been saving those overalls for seven years for this very purpose! Wee!)



Okay, back to the boxes!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

It is really looking good! I love that color of paint. Do I even need to mention "housewarming"?