- A bicycle is built using components designed by different companies - the better the components used, the better the bike.
- Bicycle shop guys don't shower often.
- Mountain bikes are sized in inches, and road bikes are sized in centimeters.
- Bicycle shop guys are surprisingly cute, considering the lax shower schedule.
- There are bikes out there that cost a lot more than my car. Granted, I drive an '91 Corolla, but still...
Missoula is a good town for biking. Some of the busier, more recently developed areas might be a little scary, but a larger portion of the town has bike lanes and plenty of space for cyclists. We live a few miles from campus (maybe four?), so it'll be a very doable ride. It's silly for me to be driving to campus every day when I could be using the time to get a little exercise and some fresh air.
I'm excited about joining the community of people who walk around with one pant leg rolled up.
2 comments:
Congratulations! What type of bike did you get? Road, mountain, hybrid? What color is it?
I got a mountain bike, although it's fitted to be more commuter-friendly. Slightly less knobby tires, a comfy seat. And it's red. I didn't say that in the post because it felt reminiscent of a child touting her new tricycle.
"And it's shiny and red!"
Post a Comment