So it's been a little while - how's everybody doing?
I'm great.
Two weeks left of classes. I'm thrilled! My summer classes start the Monday after finals, but I don't mind. I'm just happy to be *actually starting my nursing classes*. Huzzah!
____________________________________________________________
Luis and I threw a tapas party on Saturday night. We cooked most of the day, but it was well worth it. A few of the dishes we served:
albóndigas con la salsa de la almendra del azafrán
croquetas del jamón
tortilla española
patatas bravas
chorizo, with manchego, mahon, petit basque cheeses
plus lots more... (thanks to babelfish for helping me with my Spanish, which is otherwise nonexistent.)
It was a great time. Lots of food, good friends, lots of sangria.
I spent much of Sunday sponging olive oil and red wine off every flat surface in the kitchen.
____________________________________________________________
I rode my bike to and from campus yesterday, to figure out about how long it will take me. It's just shy of five miles, and it took me a little over 20 minutes in light traffic. I'd never ridden a bike out in traffic before, and it took a little getting used to. Missoula has nice bike lanes, but if you need to turn you have to use the regular turn lanes and mingle with the cars for a few minutes. The only protection I've got is my shiny blue helmet, so it's easy to view an otherwise friendly Honda as a death-or-dismemberment-mobile.
Please watch for cyclists. :)
I haven't been able to ride much since I bought my bike - well, I take that back. I've refused to ride for fear of the random snow storms that kept cropping up. But it's supposed to be nice the rest of this week, so I think I'll ride to campus at least a couple of days. Yay for extra exercise and fresh air...
____________________________________________________________
I just got out of my Advanced First Aid/CPR lecture. Today we covered emergency childbirth. We watched videos. We talked placentas. It was awesome. (Plus, it was fun to watch the guys in class squirm...)
____________________________________________________________
Well, I suppose I should be studying or something. Ta-ta for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment