Monday, April 10, 2006

Things that go bump in the night.

I have a collection of memories that I don't like to visit - times in my life when I was humiliated or greedy, or when I felt as though I were inferior or just plain bad. Sometimes on a sleepless night one of these thoughts will work its way into the forefront of my mind and lodge itself there. The one nagging thought becomes several, looping in my head like a familiar movie reel.

I'm not a bad person.

I should elaborate a little. I'm not talking about stealing cars or doing heroin or killing puppies. It's times when I took the low road. Times when I was a bad friend. Times when I hurt someone's feelings. Bad decisions. Stupid mistakes. Little things, little isolated events which I hope don't add up to equal me. I don't think they do.

But they do stay with me. They keep me up at night every once and a while. Does anyone else ever feel like this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

o yes