Today officially begins my spring break. I have to work all weekend, but no matter – I still have seven beautiful days sans alarm clock to look forward to.
Spring is most certainly on its’ way, even here in the snow-covered mountains of Montana. It’s been in the 40’s and 50’s the past couple of weeks, and the snow isn’t sticking to the ground here in the valley. It won’t be long now…
With the warmer weather comes the best season of all: shoe season! Now that it’s warm enough to wear heels without freezing my toes off, I’ve started dusting off all my cute shoes. I love shoes.
Now that there’s a release date for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, I’ve decided to start at the beginning and reread the whole series. I’ve read all of the books scores of times, but I never tire of them. I’ve often thought that when I’m a kooky, senile old lady, I’ll probably remember Howgarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as though I actually went there. I figure at least I’ll be entertaining to the nursing staff.
We had three big exams this week, and I’m thrilled to report that I got A’s on all three. I generally get A’s on tests, but I don’t usually feel as though I’ve spent enough time studying beforehand. This week I actually felt prepared walking into the classroom. I’m blessed with good test-taking skills, but I’m cursed with the procrastination demon. I’ve been battling the latter, and over the past couple of years I’ve made some real progress.
A bunch of us from my class went out last night for a few drinks. It was nice to get out for a while, and to spend some time with my classmates outside of school. Everyone in our class is really great, and we always have fun.
A month from tomorrow I leave for California to attend the National Student Nurses Association annual convention. I’m representing the Missoula chapter of MSNA in the House of Delegates, so it’ll be lots of meetings and such, but it will be a great learning experience. Plus, I might be able to finagle a few school credits out of the deal. There will be recruiters for hospitals and healthcare organizations from all over the country, and I’m hoping to make the necessary connections to score an externship for next summer.
I work every Friday night. It's kind of a bummer. But at least it gives me time to show my blog some lovin'.
Have a wonderful weekend!
2 comments:
My spring break begins today too, but I've got three papers to write; the draft of an encyclopedia entry to send to the editor; a grammatical analysis of some Shughni transcriptions; and two exams in the following week. I envy you your sleep time.
You're probably a big enough geek to get a kick out of "Wizard People, Dear Reader". It is an unauthorized re-envisioning of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. You've got to turn the sound down from the dvd, then play the alternate tracks off a cd player. Maybe get some booze and make a party out of the viewing.
It's funny to see that the shoe love isn't a genetically inherited trait! I've caught Cristie eying several pairs of new kicks. Lord knows where she'll put them.
That's awesome news on the exam results.
Exam results = prizes.
Prizes = shoes.
The equations all balance nicely.
Post a Comment