Thursday, March 01, 2007

Yup.

Wish I were sleeping.

Lost was good tonight. No Jack, but lots of our other friends returned.

I might go skiing this weekend. Never been before, it could be fun. It will probably be funny looking. No one ever accused me of being terribly coordinated... I'm guessing it will be an exercise in trying to keep my bum out of the snow.

Three exams next week. Meh.

Tomorrow is Thursday. I swear, it seems as though it's always Thursday. Probably that's because it's always a crazy day. I have class 8-3, and then I work 5-9. Who can take six hours of lecture classes in one day? By my afternoon class, my head has clicked off and I just gaze politely at the professor. She's a really good teacher, but the material is dry, and the afternoon is looooong.

My uncle died a year ago today (February 28th). Someday I'll write a post about him that at least begins to do justice to his gentleness, his kindness. I've got splotchy, smudged, handwritten pages of thoughts about him. But I can't get myself to put it here. Not yet.

I don't often open the trunk of my car, so when I went to toss my bookbag in it the other day I found two canvas folding lawn chairs and several river tubes. It was agonizing to be standing in several inches of fresh snow and forcibly reminded of warm, sunny days on the river. I'm ready for spring.

Suppose I should give the sleeping thing another go. 'Night.

1 comment:

Patia said...

I don't often open the trunk of my car, so when I went to toss my bookbag in it the other day I found two canvas folding lawn chairs and several river tubes. It was agonizing to be standing in several inches of fresh snow and forcibly reminded of warm, sunny days on the river.

Oh, that's so sad!