Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Heartstrings...

Did you know that you actually do have heart strings? They're called chordae tendineae, and they help keep the tricuspid and mitral valves of the heart closed during systole to prevent backflow into the atria.

It seems appropriate that we're being quizzed over the anatomy of the heart on Valentine's Day.

Speaking of Valentine's Day - how cool is my boyfriend that he agreed to go see the Vagina Monologues with me tonight? He's a brave man, voluntarily going into a theatre full of crazed women, probably most of whom are all hopped up on Godiva, to listen to women rave about their vaginas. I hope they don't throw things at him...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quote 1: "How cool is my boyfriend that he agreed to go see the Vagina Monologues with me tonight?"

Quote 2: "I'm crazy about... guys who wear eyeliner."

Soon I won't recognize my own brother.

Mandi said...

Don't worry. He won't wear eyeliner for me.

(I've asked.)