...not trepidation, not apprehension. Not stupefaction, although that's a great word. Perhaps some combination of consternation and anticipation - any suggestions? (Certainly not constipation, although I just noticed that's an obvious combination of the two...)
Today I applied for admission to Montana State University. It's a formality, as I've already been accepted into their BSN program, but to me it marks a sort of wonderful spot.
I'm really doing it.
I know the hardest work is yet to come, yet I can't help but feel a sense of satisfaction. As a high school graduate, I went into college with no real goals other than to avoid any actual responsibility for as long as possible. I poopooed most degree options because they were heavy on what I considered "hard" classes; science, math, history - well, pretty much anything other than music. I somehow got it into my head over the years that I couldn't do well in anything else, and when I drifted away from music, that didn't leave me any options.
Yeeccch. Blah, blah, blah. Long boring story short, I decided to go into nursing. I have real goals for myself now, and I've made it this far. I'm excited about the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment