Monday, September 25, 2006

Mobash

Yesterday marked the official opening of Mobash, Missoula's new skatepark. Tony Hawk, Bam Margera, Mike Vallely, and others were on hand as a part of Tony Hawk's Secret Skatepark Tour 3. Eight thousand skateboarding fans turned out for the festivities.
I didn't go to the opening (I had planned on it, but forgot all about it until it was too late), but this afternoon I went to the park to check it out. There were some good skateboarders there, so I sat back and enjoyed the show. I'm really too old for this stuff, but I took an interest when my little brother started skateboarding. I have no desire to do it myself, but I love to watch.
The park was designed by Grindline Skateparks and is located in McCormack Park, just off the Orange Street bridge. 15,000 square feet of concrete bowls, ramps and ledges, and all free to the public. I think it's a great addition to the city.

For more information on the park, here are some links.

Missoula Skatepark Association
article in the Missoulian about the skatepark opening
my photos from this afternoon at the park (on Flickr)

No comments: