I just was out to get the mail, and it smells amazing outside. We had a pretty strong storm blow through an hour or so ago, and now it's cool and damp. I love the smells of fallen leaves and thunderstorms.
Last Saturday was a lot of fun. In the evening Luis and I had some friends over for food and games. What little domestic ability I have tends to show itself during the fall, so I took advantage of this rare mood and did some cooking. I made chili, cornbread, banana nut bread, pumpkin dip (served with gingersnaps - yum!), and homemade caramel corn. Our guests left a little before 11:00, and after cleaning up I headed over to my friend Ben's house for his 25th birthday party. I have to say, I can't recall the last time I was at a kegger - I felt like a teenager again for a few minutes! I stayed for a drink and a chat with some friends and then headed home.
On Tuesday we had a guest of the university stay the night at our apartment. A tall, handsome, classical guitar-playing Englishman with a penchant for high quality chocolate stayed in my apartment. I kept it together, never openly declaring my love for his accent. I did, however, stay up and listen as he and Luis talked shop about the classical guitar world. The information itself was, for the most part, lost on me. The words themselves, however... everything just sounds so lovely with a British accent. (Lame, I know. I just can't help it. Guys with accents make me weak in the knees, and particularly guys with a British accent. On the occasion when I do finally get to visit the UK, I may spontaneously combust.)
1 comment:
Spontaneously combust? Of course you will - who wouldn't? We have an Australian professor this year, and one from South Africa (both tall, rugged, handsome men) and both of them sent my heart pitter pattering! :-)
Post a Comment