It's 9:45 on a holiday and I'm sitting at home. Little bit lonely, to be honest. I made some tentative plans to go downtown and observe (and perhaps partake of) the general debauchery of the bar scene with a few friends, but then I decided not to go. It's really cold outside, I had homework to do, and for a rare moment, a glimmer of responsibility overtook me, reminding me that I have several hours of class tomorrow morning, followed by five hours of clinicals later. I can't afford to be tired and/or hung over, and I'm already operating on a sleep debt... (More often than not, when I have to decide between fun and responsibilities, fun takes the cake, and responsibility the backseat... at least for a bit.) Anyhow, now the homework is done, and the bored me is wishing I had punched the responsible me in the kidneys and headed out for the evening. Luis is in Seattle with the orchestra, so the apartment is pretty quiet. I did go out this weekend, which was a crazy good time, so probably I should quit griping. Hm... yeah, I'm definitely done complaining. : )
On to other news briefs:
My second day of clinicals is tomorrow (we have them weekly). I had a lot to contemplate after my first day, and I'm sure there's a blog in there somewhere. I just haven't had the time to extract it from my jumbled thoughts. We're working in a nursing home, and I saw some things which made me smile, and some that saddened me. More to come on this one...
APA format is for the birds. I spent the first zillion years of my life using MLA, but APA is standard for nursing. Poo on that.
I love Wasa crackers - especially the rye ones. Luis says they look and taste like corrugated cardboard, but I think they're delightful with cheese. Of course, nearly everything is better with cheese on it...
It's cold here. Like, really cold. It was 12°F outside this morning when I left for class, and it's 20° right now. All I want to do when it gets cold out is take baths. I've worked out an agreement with myself that I can take a bath in the middle of the day, so long as I take a textbook with me and study. Multitasking... smart, huh? And so far I've only dropped one into the bathwater.
Okay, now I'm just stalling... but I feel loads more cheerful, so it was time well spent. I'm off to catch up on some much needed rest! Ta-ta!
4 comments:
I was having Triscuits and cheese last night as I watched the Suns lose their season opener to the Lakers of all teams:(
I'm not familiar with "Wasa" but now my curiosity is piqued.
In my defense I did go out for a little bit first. Good for you for being responsible.
If you decide to try out Wasa crackers(or 'crispbread' as the manufacturer calls it), I'd go with some type of soft, spreadable cheese. My favorite is Laughing Cow creamy swiss. It comes in these great little individually wrapped triangles, and it's amazing. Mmmm.
I got these (wasa crackers) for Izzy when she was teething but ended up eating most of them myself. I like the sesame better than the rye though.
Yeah, the sesame are great too...
Post a Comment